Thursday, August 18, 2016

Spring in Japan: Fushimi Inari Taisha

April 10, 2015
5th day
Solo adventure day 1

Good morning, Japan!

It was kinda weird to wake up alone and I suddenly missed my mom. We were together for 24 hours for 4 whole days and then, she's back in Manila. Aww. But the giddy feeling of excitement of exploring more of Kyoto alone was so exhilarating! I took a shower and got ready for a rainy day. I decided to visit Fushimi Inari since it's just one train ride away from Gion-Shijo.


inside the train

JR train









































































































I passed by food stalls along the way and since I only had coffee and skyflakes for breakfast, I bought the famous Taiyaki with custard filling. Yummy!



yakiniku?not sure

taiyaki

hitotsu kudasai



umai!







































And yeah, it was still raining when I got to Fushimi Inari. My goal was to get to the top of Mt. Inari so off I went.








































This shrine is famous for the thousands of toriis up until the top of the mountain. This was also where they shot one of the scenes of the movie Memoirs of a Geisha.



these writings are the names of those who sponsored the torii































































At the end of these tunnel of torii (there were two alongside each other), there was a small shrine and where ema with a fox design were sold. I bought one for 500 yen and wrote my wish on it. There was also a plain wooden ema available for 200 yen.



I'm confused. Is this a fox, a dog, or a cat? LOL

secret


more (confused) foxes.haha!coolness.










































































































































I continued walking up the mountain and saw some really nice view of these awesome torii.












































However, somewhere along the way, I made a wrong turn. There was a point where you have the choice to go right going up, or to the left going down. I checked the numbers on the map and saw that the next number points to the left. Thinking that I was on the right track by following the numbers and ignoring the fact that to reach the top of the mountain was to continue going up, I made a turn on the left and the path just kept going downwards until I got back to the side of the temple where I started the climb. Lol. I could've retraced my steps and went back if only it wasn't raining and had no other items on my day's itinerary. So I moved on and promised myself to go back one day and not make the same mistake. Hahaha!












































I bought some souvenirs and had takoyaki for lunch. 6 big balls of takoyaki was too much. I wasn't able to finish all of it. すみません。By the way, the guy manning the takoyaki stall was a cutie. You might want to take note of that. Hahaha!

I saw a yakiniku (?) and dreamt of the yakitori we ordered at Maruyama park

you'll know you're having a real takoyaki when there's real octopus meat.so good!

kawaii,ne?haha

six balls of octopus goodness





































Passed by a couple of restaurants and an ice cream store on my way back to the train station, and decided to order a cone of black sesame + vanilla flavor. It was good even though my nose was about to fall off again. Hahaha! I also passed  by a neko cafe but skipped it for the time being.













































No comments:

Post a Comment