Friday, September 9, 2016

Namsangol Hanok Village

Nov 22, 2015
Day 1



After settling down and getting some rest in the guesthouse, we went out to walk around and look for a place to eat. As we decided on a restaurant that offers bulgogi, I saw this in my peripheral.


We realized that this is the Namsangol Hanok Village. Admission is free so we decided to eat later and explore this place first.

There were 5 restored traditional Korean houses inside. Inside these houses, there were traditional furniture on display as well. I find the intricate designs so pretty and the colors were lovely. We saw old pieces of things they use in the old days. Awesome. There was also a pond and a pavilion inside the village. I believe there were activities being offered for free at certain times of the day wherein you can participate, but it was all closed when we visited. The N Seoul Tower can be viewed from here as well.









After about an hour of touring, our tummies were already grumbling so we headed to the restaurant and ordered food. I ordered my first ever bulgogi in a stone pot which was really tasty. Yum!

The restaurant was small and I forgot to take note of the name because we were really hungry. The 2 ahjummas manning the restaurant were all smiles and were also very nice.


As I stepped out the restaurant, I started to shiver. The temperature dropped to around 10C and my shirt and pullover wasn't enough to keep me warm. Hahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment